Selected details from a press release touting the upcoming Hi-Lo Diner on East Lake Street in the Longfellow neighborhood of Minneapolis:
“Owners of Blue Door Pub and Forage Modern Workshop’s new concept Minneapolis, MN: James Brown and Mike Smith of Forage Modern Workshop and Brownsmith Restoration, along with Pat McDonough and Jeremy Woerner of The Blue Door Pub to open Hi-Lo Diner in a restored 1950’s diner, late 2015. Hi-Lo diner will be taking the place of a vacant Taco Bell across the street from Forage Modern Workshop that has not been in operation for over eight years.
Originally named the Venus Diner, which was located in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, this iconic 1955 Fodero Diner will be completely restored and placed on site at 4020 East Lake Street.
• Original 1955 Fodero Diner, completely restored
• Will serve classic, American diner food
• Full Bar with classics like Bloody Mary’s Mimosas, etc.
• Also a small menu of specialty cocktails and adult malts
• Owned and Operated by James Brown and Mike Smith of Forage Modern Workshop and Brownsmith Restoration and Pat McDonough and Jeremy Woerner of The Blue Door Pub.
• Opening late 2015
About the Owner/Operaters: The Blue Door Pub serves creative burgers, wings, and more from a scratch kitchen and serves craft beer in an inviting family environment. Brownsmith Restoration is a full service general contractor and period design company. Forage Modern Workshop is a furniture and home goods store offering goods for the modern lifestyle.”
The diner will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.