Happy (real) Repeal Day, Minnesota. While Dec. 5 is celebrated as Repeal Day and was the actual repeal day of Prohibition, Apr. 7 was the day President Franklin D. Roosevelt made it legal for Americans to once again enjoy delicious beer. Or at least 3.2 beer…
In honor of the day, some shots from Summit.
Clockwise from left:
- Summit Brewery in St. Paul offers tours almost every Saturday at 10:30am and 1pm.
- Labels from the Great Northern Porter.
- Summit sells commemorative beer Repeal Day posters here.
- After bottling, beers are stored at 40° Fahrenheit.
- Empty kegs.
- Very fresh Maibock that should be hitting store shelves soon for spring.
- (Center) Two key brewing-related kettles; the front kettle is the brew kettle and the one hiding in the background is the lauter tun.
From left to right:
- Empty bottles.
- Free sample.
- Summit logo in the bottling room.