Announcing the Gamle Ode, Du Nord, and Bittercube Winter Cocktail Contest
This contest is sponsored by Gamle Ode Aquavits, Du Nord Craft Spirits, and Bittercube.
A northern winter is nothing to be trifled with. But a strong and well-crafted cocktail can go a long way toward battling the frost and sleet.
Du Nord Craft Spirits, Bittercube, and Gamle Ode Aquavits (distilled and bottled by 45th Parallel Distillery) are dedicated to making drinks that embrace and celebrate the North, and they’re interested in seeing what you can do with their spirits. Your entries are by due Feb. 20 — you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what we’re looking for: new cocktail recipes that use Gamle Ode and / or Du Nord craft spirits and / or Bittercube bitters to entertain, enlighten, and delight. They can include just about anything else: other spirits, mixers, garnishes, beer, food, fire, ice, foam, and so forth.
We’ve got some terrific prizes on the line, including gift cards for Barbette, The Third Bird, and Red Stag Supperclub … plus a $250 grand-prize gift certificate to Eat Street Social, so grab your spirits, shakers, and garnishes, and start mixing!
1. Entries are due by 11:59 p.m., Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. Winners will be announced on Monday, Feb. 23, 2015.
2. Contestants can submit up to two entries in each category (Du Nord, Gamle Ode, and Bittercube), for a total of up to six recipes.
3. Each cocktail recipe should be named and photographed (camera phone photos are fine). Tell us how many cocktails each recipe makes, too.
4. Entries should be submitted as plain text in the body of an email to email@example.com.
5. Immediate relatives of Du Nord, Gamle Ode, Bittercube, or Heavy Table team members are not eligible to win.
6. Entries will be judged by representatives of Du Nord, Gamle Ode, and Bittercube for appearance, creativity of name, and (most importantly) taste. The best recipes augment, highlight, and celebrate the flavor of the spirit or spirits being used without overwhelming them.
Grand Prize: A gift certificate for $250 at Eat Street Social will be awarded to the cocktail that best uses Du Nord and / or Gamle Ode spirits and / or Bittercube bitters to embrace and / or effectively combat the depths of winter. Our grand prize winner will also receive a $100 gift card for The Wedge Coop!
Best in Spirit: Gamle Ode — A $100 gift card for Eat Street Social and a $50 gift card to the Red Stag will be awarded to the cocktail that best uses any Gamle Ode spirit (Aquavit, Celebration Aquavit and / or Holiday Aquavit).
Best in Spirit: Du Nord — A $50 gift card for the Du Nord Cocktail Room along with a tour and tasting for 4 plus a $50 gift card to The Third Bird will be awarded to the cocktail that best uses any Du Nord spirit (Fitzgerald Gin and / or L’Etoile Vodka).
Best in Bitters: Bittercube — A $50 gift card for Restaurant Alma (which features a Bittercube cocktail program), a $50 gift card for Barbette, and a Bittercube variety pack will be awarded to the cocktail that best uses any Bittercube product.